May is Mental Health Month 2018!
The theme for May is Mental Health Month in 2018 is Fitness #4Mind4Body. Information will focus on increasing understanding of how the body’s various systems impact mental health based on recent research. From food to fitness to gut flora, we will be diving into the elements that make up personal wellness. Topics will include:
- The connection between gut bacteria/flora and mental health;
- The role of stress and inflammation in the development of mental health disorders;
- The preventative and recovery promoting aspects of physical activity;
- The importance of sleep; and
- How nutrition and food can affect mental performance and mood
Click on these links for campaign materials:
Fitness 4Mind4Body: POSTER Take the Challenge (PDF) Meant to be printed 11 x 17 paper
Visit Mental Health America’s website to learn more and get involved!