Hosted by the National Council for Behavioral Health and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
In this webinar, Shye Louis from Vibrant Emotional Health, Christian Burgess from the Disaster Distress Helpline, Laura Mayer from PRS, Inc., and Bart Andrews from Behavioral Health Response will discuss how to successfully navigate COVID-19 for Lifeline members and crisis call centers.
Their presenters will deliver strategies for supporting staff during a time of crisis, offer disaster relief best practices, discuss how to maintain things like payroll and remote health care delivery, and share what “going remote” looks like on the ground, among other insights. As a participant, you will:
- Understand how to manage your finances and mitigate financial loss due to COVID-19.
- Gather best practices on transitioning staff to – and managing them during – remote work.
- Learn about reliable public health resources you can refer clients to for COVID-19 questions.
- Discover trainings and resources to help crisis center staff provide disaster distress counseling.
- Increase your understanding of who may be at a higher risk for emotional distress due to COVID-19, as well as specific interventions for supporting callers and clients experiencing distress.
- Explore the major components of FEMA’s Crisis Counseling Program grants, which may provide resources to states and tribes during times of emergency.