- Oct 20 2022
- 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Community Event: Community Suicide Management Training with Kent Corso, PsyD, BCBA-D
When: October 20, 2022 | Time: 8:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. MT
Where: Vendome Event Center, 309 State Street, Weiser, ID 83672
Sponsored by: Weiser Memorial Hospital Family Medical Center and Cornerstone Whole Healthcare Organization
Free CEUs | In-Person Training
Open to first responders, city workers, school district employees, pastors, and ALL community partners.
– Adopt language for suicidality that is respectful and non-judgmental.
– Assist patients with suicidal symptoms in a collaborative, empowering way, anchored in their values and priorities.
– Assess suicide risk in 10 minutes or less.
– Discuss with patients ambivalence and reasons for living.
– Collaboratively devise a crisis response plan that may reduce suicide attempts by 76%.
– Provide brief interventions to de-activate the suicidal mode.